After your home, your office or your workspace is where you spend the maximum time. Most people are bound to desk jobs that confine them to extended periods of time on a chair. Continuing in this sitting posture for years together can have severe implications to the posture and muscles. Bad chairs and improper seating can cause backpain, spinal issues and other ailments. As one cannot avoid this regime, it is important to be seated on an ergonomic office chair that supports your posture and provides you with maximum comfort.
The following are some of the health benefits of using an ergonomic office chair.
- Supports posture – Traditional chairs tend to make people bend and droop, causing an improper posture, while an ergonomic chair comes with features such as a headrest and backrest that supports your posture while sitting. One can also adjust the height of the chair, whereby it automatically helps you in improving your posture.
- Comfort – Ergonomic office chairs are more comfortable than normal chairs as theare designed for your comfort and you can adjust the features as per your personal preference.
- Reduces neck pain –When you are seated without a neck support for a long time, you can develop stiffness in your neck and shoulder region, which could even lead to complications like cervical spondylosis. Ergonomic office chairs come with a headrest that supports your head and neck when you want to stretch out.
- Reduces back pain – Some of the best ergonomic office chairs have a backrest that supports the natural curve of your spine, which allows you to recline as you work and ease the stress on your back.
- Reduces pressure on hips –As ergonomic office chairs have deepseating features, it makes them more comfortable to rest your hips and buttocks.
- Ease –Several ergonomic office chairs come with a swivel option, which makes it easier to glide through your office floor and saves you from the hassle of getting up and walking over.
Buy Office Chairs Online in Melbourne
SkyTeck is a leading manufacturer of an array of home, office, and industrial requirement structures such as aluminium ladders, metal toolboxes, pet cages and fences, garage shelving, industrial shelving, tyre racks, metal wire shelving, van shelving, workbenches, office furniture and so on. Based out of Melbourne, we have been in existence for the past 14 years and come with the requisite expertise and technological support to manufacture modern structures for our clients. We are supported by imported state-of-the-art equipment and have employed professionals who are capable of manufacturing impeccable products and even offer customisations as per customer requirement. We source A-grade materials from reliable sources, which makes all our products resilient, durable, and corrosion-resistant for a lifetime.
We are widely known for our assortment of office furniture, especially for cheap ergonomic office chairs. Our experts at SkyTeck have carefully designed office chairs, collaborating technological comfort and aesthetics to bring out the most affordable and safe office chairs of all times. With contoured back seat and arms that are comfortably padded with cushions, they are guaranteed to provide comfort and keep your back, neck, and hips stress-free. Lightweight but sturdy, they can carry great weight and come with adjustable height and headrest options. At SkyTeck, we go beyond just manufacturing products, to understanding our customer’s needs and curating functional solutions that are pocket friendly.
Are you cursed with a home garage space that is filled with clutter and mayhem? If so, you could probably really use some quality garage shelving – but where do you start? And what types are best to suit your needs? Both are great questions – read on!
With dedicated garage storage shelving options, your garage can go from looking like a bomb has gone off to being a well-ordered space, with room for your car, workshop (maybe even a beer fridge) and anything else that needs storing in there.
Here below are some quick and simple storage tips for effectively utilising garage shelving that will turn a messy garage into an organised workspace.
You can implement individual ideas to suit your garage’s current set up, or start from scratch and go with all 5 – no matter what, these garage shelving tips and tricks on best utilising your current garage storage shelving space will no doubt come in handy! At SkyTeck, we install garage shelving Brisbane residents can rely on – and we always remind our customers to employ the correct safety gear whenever required, and consider the size and shape of your work space before starting any serious renovations.
1: Your Workbench
- It goes without saying that every shed space should have a dedicated workbench, and yours will be no different. A solid and sturdy work bench is the cornerstone of every workshop, provides a safe surface for any and all crafts, odd jobs and building activities, as well as a place to keep power tools when not in use.
- Your workbench may incorporate garage shelving units adjacent/attached to the bench, but you may also consider creating a shadow board above the work space also. For hanging tools on your shadow board, it’s important to consider the size of the tools, the material strength of the board and the carrying capacity of the wire that will be supporting your tools.
- If you will be storing tools and materials underneath your workbench, it is important to measure up the available area and look at garage shelving options that will best suit these measurements. Garage storage shelving materials can come in all shapes and sizes, so make sure that yours will best suit your specific area.
- If you don’t have a workbench you can build one yourself, but when doing so be sure to research appropriate materials that will stand up to whatever activities you will require it to handle.
3: Does Your Garage Need A Garage?
- The great Aussie shed has always been a desirable characteristic for home owners – but if you’ve been treating your garage like a dumping ground then its time to examine exactly what your requirements are.
- If you are storing sports equipment, tools and hardware, or items such as bags and containers that don’t fit/aren’t needed indoors, then understanding the requirements of your garage will be important when deciding on which garage shelving is right for you. As experts in installing garage shelving Brisbane residents can trust to do the job, take our advice that if you are slinging old projects, firewood, scrap materials and objects that are dirty/broken/dangerous, it might be time to look at a separate shed – and making sure that the garage storage shelving you source for this shed is uniquely suited to safely storing these specific items.
3: Look At Wall Mounted Storage
- Is it getting too hard to walk on the floor of your garage? The answer might be to take that clutter off the floor and store it on the walls.Reclaim your floor space by utilising your garage walls to install some sturdy garage shelving units that will last as long as you need them to. At SkyTeck,we have a range of options to suit needs in garage shelving Brisbane -wide:check out our full range!
- Some examples for those who like to do it themselves: Fast track nails are very simple to install, and work with the standard 450 mm and/or 600 mm stud spacing. All you need to do is attach the rail to the required wall and then add the multipurpose hooks accordingly. For more heavy duty requirements,wire shelving options might be what you need.
4: Let’s Hang Some Hooks
- Hooks are indispensable for all you garage shelving needs. Hook scan be discreet and yet capable of holding heavy loads that range from power tools to lawnmowers – so if your floor space is at a premium and you have the wall space to spare, then look into installing heavy duty hooks into plasterboard, masonry or wall studs to solve your garage storage shelving problems.
- Hooks are great for helping you to locate your garage essentials at a moments notice, and especially at keeping them off the floor and work bench. Make sure that you check the weight rating on your hooks, so that they wont be under strain and will be able to safely take care of your materials.
5: Install Smart Garage Shelving
- Is your floor and wall space at an absolute premium? One nifty way you can gain space and increase your garage shelving is to utilise are as such as the gap between the garage door and the ceiling.
- Look for unusual-sized spaces in your garage and see if they might be capable of being utilised to store your materials – even spaces that are long and narrow, or low to the ground can be utilised for garage storage shelving spaces; if you are unsure and want to install garage shelving Brisbane residents can trust to do the job, contact us at SkyTeck and we will work with you to get the most out of your garage shelving space!
In this new world of being COVID safe, social distancing and increased focus on hygiene and safety, how can trades workers ensure that they implement adjustments for van shelving and van racking that will protect workers, clients and customers alike? What sort of things need to be considered for now and going forward?
COVID has changed the way that many of us work, for better or worse. For any professions that have regular contact with other people, it is essential to prepare for contact with other people whose hygiene we can not guarantee. For those who drive vans and work vehicles to different sites on a daily basis, this means making sure that you and your clients are as safe as possible – whilst still allowing you to get the job done right.
Here are some ideas for how to adjust your van racking and van shelving layouts in your work vehicle that will help you to do just that!
1) PPE and Sanitation for van racking
Re-arrange your van shelving layout so that you can include a designated PPE and Sanitation section that can be easily accessed by anyone who needs to use your work vehicle. Being able to easily locate items such as gloves, masks, hand sanitiser, etc will not only give you the best chance at maintaining your own health, but also that of any clients that you come into contact with. Labelling this space will help you to identify your PPE section of your van racking even easier, and will also allow you to keep an eye on the inventory of these supplies and when they start running low.
2) Re-organise and label your van shelving
We know that bacteria and viruses can survive on surfaces for a long period of time, which makes it essential for workers with a van shelving layout to properly catalogue and organise materials accordingly. If your work vehicle contains items that are regularly used by both yourself and co-workers, section off these ‘communal’ spaces so that utensils and materials that are yours won’t be easily jumbled together – this will also make sterilising shared tools much easier, as you’ll be easily able to find them in the one location, instead of being spread all throughout your current van racking setup.
3) Clean your van shelving – even if you don’t think you need to
Look for common touch points throughout your van racking layout in your work vehicle, and understand where they all are. Are there handles or grips that you regularly touch? Are there areas that you regularly come into skin contact with? If so, identifying these and cleaning them regularly will go a long way towards ensuring your personal safety, as bacteria and viruses are easily spread by touching commonly used surfaces such as these. It’s simple to do but will make a big difference!
Hopefully these simple tips will make a difference when it comes to keeping your current van shelving or van racking in your work vehicle safe and secure! For all of your van racking and van shelving needs, contact us at SkyTeck and talk to us about how we can best provide for your needs.
In light of the COVID situation, it’s important for individuals and businesses who have garage shelving or industrial shelving configurations to take steps to minimise the spread and ensure their own personal safety. ‘How much of a link can there really be here’ you ask – but good on you for asking!
No matter what industry you’re in, COVID has changed the way we interact with people. It’s important to be aware of our surroundings and the people we come into contact with, as this is the key to working successfully in a COVID-compromised work environment.
Fortunately, there are easy steps you can take to ensure that your garage shelving or industrial shelving units are kept safe and secure, which will also mean that your personal health and that of your coworkers is taken care of too.
Re-organise and relabel your industrial shelving
Do you work in an environment with other people? Are other people aside form yourself accessing your business’industrial shelving units and the materials stored in/on them on a regular basis? If so, then you have just identified an easy way for bacteria and viruses to spread. Any communal or commonly used items and materials should be correctly labelled and located separately from more specialised items that fewer people might need. Further, if your industrial shelving has a clearly marked location for storing PPE and sanitation equipment, then this will make it easy for you and your coworkers to locate the materials you need to protect yourselves at work – so look at your labelling situation!
Record and re-arrange your garage shelving
For those with smaller units such as garage shelving, it is easier to keep a track of who is using what and who is coming into contact with your storage space. If you or your coworkers have more contact with other people, including customers, than yourself, then start identifying the materials and items they regularly use or need that are located in your garage shelving or industrial shelving units. Re-arranging your shelving units to make it easy for those people who have more regular contact with others will go a long way towards minimising any bacteria or viruses that may have sneakily been transferred into your workspace on an unprotected surface –and it’s far easier to clean and deal with one portion of a compromised workspace than the whole workspace itself!
Re-order your industrial shelving
Bacteria and viruses such as COVID can survive for long periods of time on different surfaces – but this time varies depending on the surface. So, one way to minimise the exposure your garage shelving or industrial shelving units might have to any unwanted microbial passengers is to look at re-ordering your stored materials in order of what they’re made of – can you separate the wooden items from those made from metal? Do you have large amounts of fabrics stored than can be grouped together and shifted away from other materials? Consider that sensationalising and re-ordering your industrial shelving units will go a long way towards protecting your workspace and coworkers, but might also have the additional effect of making it easier to find the things you’re looking for, when you need them.
These are just a few ideas that you might be able to implement as the owner or user of garage shelving or industrial shelving units! Being careful and aware of the situation will make a massive difference – and for all your industrial shelving and garage shelving needs, contact us at SkyTeck!
We’d be happy to talk you through your options and show you how we can help safeguard your workspace.
If your garage currently feels like an impenetrable mess of boxes, garden tools and who knows what then it’s time to get organized. Sometimes organizing can be really stressful. Therefore, you need to invest in the premium variants of garage racks that will not only help you to keep your belongings in place but will protect it from the elements as well. Given in the blog below are some of the coolest ideas that you can browse from.
Group similar items together
First you have to clear off some of the clutter then it’s time to group like items together. This will make finding things a lot easier then rummaging through a seemingly endless line-up of boxes every time you’re looking for a hammer. If you have a lot of different size screws or nails, try putting them into an organizer with compartments. These are available in all different shapes and sizes, it will make finding the right size screw so much easier.
Create zones in your garage
Making specific areas for different things will make your garage a better place to work. Try putting all your garden tools and equipment together, tools should be near your workbench and so on. Use a pegboard to hang your tools on the wall as it will make them easy to find and keep your bench clear.
Stack tools and other items with shelving
There are plenty of garage shelving options to choose from. Lightweight, heavy duty and easy to put together, garage shelves are a must. In fact, if you move you can take these shelves with you to your next garage. Also, make sure you utilize all available space, try using racks high up on the wall for rarely used items to maximize storage.
Create space by hanging items
If your garage has rafters then you’re in luck,- they’re perfect for storage. Try using screw-in hooks to get lighter items off the ground and out of your way, while long pieces of dowel or timber can be easily stored in a length of poly pipe.
One of the popular suppliers have designed Van shelving units, garage shelves and other variants that you can browse through. These are designed by industry accredited manufacturers and offered for low cost rates for residential and commercial projects.
A tidy garage can become super spacious and functional if the space is used effectively. While many convert their garages into extra living space, there are others who prefer to retain them for their intended purpose. Nonetheless, being organized is essential. So, here are our top garage shelving solutions, to help you take your garage from a cluttered mess to a tidy haven.
- Don’t keep your belongings on the floor as it can get messy and even dirtier. Get everything up off the floor with floor-to-ceiling shelving. Open garage storage systems can help you store everything you need, and maximize every inch of space in the garage.
- Garage storage on a ceiling can come in many forms, but all of the options save valuable floor space, leaving room for a car and garage storage cabinets. A hoist is a great way to create garage storage overhead or for garage bike storage.
- Even if you use your garage as a dusty workshop, there is no reason why it can’t look great with the addition of some simple garage storage systems to help you get organized. People who spend a lot of time in there making furniture, or restoring a beloved sports car, then you should make the space as appealing and welcoming as possible.
- A handy pegboard is one of the most versatile garage storage solutions you can ever come across, and perfectly suited to the wide range of things we need to store in our garages. Use them for hooks to hang paintbrushes, rollers and cleaning paraphernalia, or add pegs to suspend garden tools or brooms. You can also easily add small shelves to them.
- While finding a spot for all the large, bulky tools and sports gear, don’t overlook all the little bits and bobs that need somewhere to live. Never be scrabbling around for a bolt, screw or nail again, with this clever garage storage idea, keep them in a multi drawer.
Whether you want to revamp your residential garage or looking for shelving options for your office, get the best assortment of industrial storage racks at the online store of a popular retailer based in Sydney. These are cost-effective and boasts of premium features.
Creating and maintaining an effective storage area in your business can be challenging, especially if you have limited space and lots to store, but purchasing a shelving unit can take your storage capacity to new heights. Unfortunately (and fortunately), there are all kinds of shelves, materials, components, and accessories to choose from when looking into buying a shelving unit. This guide will explain all things shelving-related and inform you on how to pick the perfect shelving unit for your commercial kitchen!
Since solid shelves have no openings on their surface, any size or type of item can be stored on them without the risk of it slipping through the rails or spilling onto the items below it. These shelves are also easy to clean and maintain since dust and grime won’t get trapped in between the wires. The downside to solid shelves is that they don’t breathe as well as vented shelves, which makes them best for dry storage, garage storage, or retail applications.
Vented shelves are a great option for any type of cold storage application because they promote air circulation through the unit for maximum product shelf life. They also offer greater visibility when trying to identify what items you have in inventory. The downside of vented shelves is that they are more difficult to clean and don’t prevent items on higher shelves from dripping or spilling onto items on lower shelves.
Triangle shelves are designed specifically to fit into tight corners so you don’t lose any valuable storage space. Generally, these shelves can be used with the same posts as regular rectangular shelves. These are mostly used for storage of files, papers or other official documents.
Check out one of the popular Melbourne based company to browse through the extensive range of products which includes, racking, metal shelving unit, aluminum ladders, metal toolboxes, etc. These are available in diverse sizes and variants and are priced in affordable rates for the customers!